Mashonaland West, Zimbabwe The Dalny Mine is 100% owned by Falcon Zimbabwe Limited Pvt Limited.
The mining rights are held through mining claims, a mining lease and a special grant covering a total area of 2 736 hectares. The mine is located in Chegutu District, Mashonaland West, Zimbabwe in Chakari communal lands.
Gold mining in the Dalny area started as early as the 15th century when artisanal miners worked near surface outcrops. Impressed by the quality of the deposit, Mr Hewlett, of Coronation mine, started a minor gold rush in 1938 when he moved out to begin work on the site. By March 1939 Messrs Rennie and Connick formed the Mwenje syndicate and took control over the area. The claims and the mine were transferred to a local exploration company, Anglo American Mineral Searches, who developed the mine to 50m depth and sold it in 1991 after concluding that the deposit was too small and complicated to sustain a large scale mine. Tonnes Grade, g/t Measured mineral resources 161,070 5.15 Inferred mineral resources 1,140,200 6.66